Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Staying Busy!




As most of you know, I have a quite an admiration for Kellie of Don't Look Now.


I was fortunate to be able to take a class given by her after spring market. Kellie is an amazing teacher!!! If you ever have an opportunity to take a class from this talented lady, don't pass it up. This pillow is one of her patterns titled "Memories." I picked up several of her patterns over the last year. I am so excited about her method! It is a breeze to put together and after much practice, and instruction by the master Kellie, my quilting isn't too bad. I will never be as good as Kellie, but that is okay, I am happy with this project. I may have to do up a few of my new ideas using this raw edge technique. It is sure to be much quicker!






The other reason for my lack of posting has been because of my little guy.


This is his first year of little league. Oh how I love baseball! I used to pitch for my team every summer. My little guy plays third base. Look how cute they are in their uniforms!


Adorable isn't it?


I had forgotten how much I love being at the baseball field. I love this game....what a great season we have had. I think the play-offs are next week, and I am sad to see it come to an end, but also excited to get started on some new projects. The ladies at market have spoiled me rotten with beautiful fabrics and threads. Can't wait to show you my loot! Be back soon!


.


For those of you going to our


Wasatch Front Shop Hop this week,


be sure to come say HI.


I will be at Thimbles and Threads from 11-2 demonstrating perfect circles and applique!


.


Also.... I will be at a new shop here in the valley on June 25 with a trunk show saturday at
My Sister's Quilts in Riverton, UT.


Stop by and say Hi from 11-2!

4 comments:

Barb said...

How fortunate you were to take a class from her...love the pillow!

Patsy @ My Sister's Quilts said...

Love the pillow...you are amazing! See you the 25th!!!

Bev said...

Looks pretty darn good from my end, Cori! Love the pillow and little league.

Brooke said...

That pillow is amazing. The quilting on it is spectacular too. Really adds to the look of the design. I immediately went and did a google for the pattern. I'd really love to try it. Looks hard....but would be so worth the effort!

My son is in little league too, and it makes summer feel like summer! We have our play off game this weekend. Such a fun memory!